Friday, March 1, 2024

Those Who Have Most Influenced My Life

Consider how a single water droplet can have a far-reaching effect as its ripples extend out in concentric circles from the point of impact, touching much more than just the center location where the droplet landed. Consider also how one life can affect so many others, even generations later! I am going to share with you the people that have most profoundly affected me.

The absolutely most influential person in my entire life is the Lord Jesus Christ. He took my lowly life, so marred by sin and shame, and radically transformed me into a child of the living God. He set me free from sin and gave me a new life. He is the reason for the love, joy, and peace I have come to know, since He came to live inside my heart over thirty one years ago.

Aside from the Lord, His life and teachings, and His ongoing daily influence in my life, which are all primary factors shaping my life, there are others in the Bible who have had and continue to have a great impact upon me. These include the apostle Paul, the apostle John, the apostle Peter, James and Jude the brothers of Jesus, King David, King Solomon, the prophets Samuel, Elijah, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, Elisha, the three Hebrew young men Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, as well as the patriarchs Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, and Caleb.

My life and ministry have also been influenced the most by the following people outside the Bible, beginning with the ones who have had the greatest impact: John Wesley, Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Keith GreenDietrich BonhoefferSmith Wigglesworth, Derek PrinceJohn Bunyan, Matthew Henry, Rees Howells, Yong Doo Kim, Harald Bredesen, Charles and Frances HunterBenjamin Crandall, Jim CymbalaRoland BuckFreddy Clark, Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand, Martin Luther, Corrie Ten Boom, her sister Betsy, Watchman Nee, John Wimber, and Neville Johnson.

Other notable people who have to a lesser degree inspired or influenced me include: William Carey, E.M. Bounds, Sundar Singh, William J. Seymour, T.L. Osborne, Dumitru Duduman, Oden Hetrick, John G. Lake, Frank Bartleman, John and Betty Stam, A.W. Tozer, D.L. Moody, John Newton, John Williams, Samuel Morris, David Livingstone, George Muller, and Polycarp.

These are the people who have helped to shape who I am today and what my ministry is. Now consider how your life could impact others around you and throughout the world.

Next I will share with you the books that have most influenced my life.

Attribution Notice: The image showing the ripple effect of one water droplet is used according to the Fair Use Act for educational and commentary purposes only.

Author's note: I do not necessarily endorse every single teaching or belief of the people listed above, who influenced my life. I may differ on certain key points of theology, but they have nonetheless influenced me. If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy The Truth Set Me Free! You may access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."   
___________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He has been based in Eastern Europe, helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. He is currently on furlough, off the field, praying and seeking the Lord's guidance regarding where to be, and for the provision to fulfill the mission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment